Thursday, September 21, 2006

Yours Disorderly

Reading Thanu's Orderly adobe made me wonder whether there are many more similar people out there. Their life should be really monotonous and boring. Did not someone show them what they are missing in their life ?

I'm talking about people who keep everything in order. This goes here and that goes there type. This blog is specially for them. Being a complete disorder (hey! its disorder, not disaster) let me help them realize what they are missing in their life.

The fun of disorder cannot be explained in a single blog. It might take a whole life documenting the pleasures. But let me provide a glimpse of this world, the world of chaos, the world of no-rules, the world of fun.

Someone once said that my room resembled a sugarcane farm that some wild elephants had just been to. Some books here, some clothes there, some more books there and more papers here. This chaos is a self sustaining environment, rearranging itself periodically to maintain its status. So I never had to do anything to maintain the status quo (unlike ordered people who have to put regular efforts to maintain order).

Imagine having to search your car keys in a room like this. Specially when you are already late for your office. I push the books, clothes and newspapers to one side. No luck. I lift the carpet, move the television, still no luck. But after 20 to 30 minutes of search I finally find my keys somewhere at the bottom of a heap of papers and clothes. Now can you feel that joy I felt when I found the keys ? If not, read on..

Have you ever experienced what i experienced when I found that all six socks that I picked from here and there in my house turned out to be all different ? I had 6 socks but not a single matching pair.

And the other day I was searching for a receipt when I stumbled upon a cheque my friend had given me weeks before. It was lying among the old newspapers and I lost track of it. Now imagine my joy when I found that 30$ cheque ? I might have thanked my friend when he gave that cheque, maybe slightly happy at that time. But now I felt tremendously happy rediscovering the cheque. The extra happiness came from being disordered. And the ordered folks out there are going to miss that.

Now don't you think you are missing something when living an ordered life ? The little pleasures of life that disorder brings with it cannot be explained, but it needs to be experienced. Try it once. Once you experience it, there will be no turning back.


P.S - "There is always order in disorder (and vice versa)"
P.S - "There are some things order can bring, for everything else there is disorder".

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Thanu said...

I personally think I don't miss those little joys by wasting 30 minutes of my time every morning looking for keys.


There are days when I get overjoyed because I found something.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Ragamalika, Malik, Rags, wateva! said...

why don't you check out www.mmsc-manipal.com
? I'm sure it's your kinda thing!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home